Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 23 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. India – Singapore Bilateral Maritime Exercise SIMBEX-20 to begin today in Andaman Sea
- Indian Navy is scheduled to host the 27th edition of India – Singapore Bilateral Maritime Exercise SIMBEX-20 from today in Andaman Sea. It will continue till 25th of this month.
- The SIMBEX series of exercises between Indian Navy & Singapore Navy being conducted annually since 1994, are aimed at enhancing mutual inter-operability & imbibing best practices from each other.
- The 2020 edition of SIMBEX will witness participation by Indian Navy ships including destroyer Rana with integral Chetak helicopter and indigenously built corvettes Kamorta and Karmuk.
- In view of COVID-19 pandemic, the exercise is conducted as a ‘non-contact, at sea only’.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
Singapore PM: Lee Hsien Loong; Currency: Singapore dollar
2. PM Modi lays foundation stone of rural drinking water supply projects in UP
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of rural drinking water supply projects in Mirzapur and Sonbhadra districts of Vindhyachal region of Uttar Pradesh.
- The projects will provide household tap water connections in all rural households of 2,995 villages and will benefit about 42 lakh population of these districts.
- He also interacted with Village Water and Sanitation Committee who will shoulder the responsibility of operation and maintenance.
GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
Announced on 15th August last year by the PM, Jal Jeevan Mission aims to provide functional household tap connections to every rural home of the country by 2024.
3. 2-day All India Presiding Officers’ Conference to be organized at Kevadia in Gujarat
- A two-day All India Presiding Officers’ Conference will be organized at Kevadia in Gujarat on 25th November.
- The theme of this year conference is Harmonious Coordination of Legislative, Executive and Judiciary – Key to a Vibrant Democracy.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the two day conference.
- On 26th November which is celebrated as Constitution Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the valedictory session of the conference.
GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CGL
On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
4. Indian-American Mala Adiga appointed as policy director of Jill Biden
- US President-Elect Joe Biden announced the appointment of Indian-American Mala Adiga as the policy director of Jill Biden, who will soon be the first lady of the United States.
- Mala Adiga had earlier served as a senior advisor to Jill Biden and even as a senior policy advisor on the Biden-Kamala Harris campaign.
- Adiga also previously served as the Director for Higher Education and Military Families at the Biden Foundation.
- She began her journey in the Obama administration as a counsel to the associate attorney general.
5. National Cadet Corps 72nd Raising Day: 22nd Nov
- National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world celebrated its 72nd Raising Day on Nov 22.
- The membership is open to school and college students on a voluntary basis.
- The NCC cadets have contributed by participating selflessly during the COVID-19 pandemic as Corona warriors to spread awareness about measures to fight against the pandemic.
- The cadets also participated wholeheartedly in ‘Swachhta Abhiyan’, ‘Mega Pollution Pakhwada’ and spreading awareness about various govt initiatives like ‘Digital Literacy’, ‘International Day of Yoga’, etc.
GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CHSL
The National Cadet Corps is the youth wing of the Armed Forces with its headquarters at New Delhi.