Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 23 October 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. DRDO successfully test fires Nag anti-tank guided missile in Pokhran range
- India successfully carried out the final trial of the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) developed Nag anti-tank guided missile with a warhead. The test was carried out at the Pokhran field firing ranges in Rajasthan.
- The trial of Nag anti-tank guided missile comes after the DRDO tested the helicopter launched Stand-off Anti-Tank Missile (SANT) with a range beyond 10 km from Balasore testing range in Odisha.
- The Nag anti-tank missile is ready for induction in the Indian Army as it has completed 10 successful user trials as it finds the target and then hit it.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh congratulated DRDO & Indian Army.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency under the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi.
Founded: 1958; Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy
2. Global trade likely to fall by 7 to 9% in 2020: UNCTAD
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development has said that the value of global trade is set to fall by seven to nine percent in 2020 from the previous year.
- The report added that if the pandemic resurges in coming months that could lead to a deteriorating environment for policy-makers and sudden increase in trade restrictive policies.
- Meanwhile, China’s exports rebounded strongly in the third quarter after falling in the early months of the pandemic and have posted year-on-year growth rates of nearly 10 percent.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development was established in 1964 as a permanent intergovernmental body. UNCTAD is the part of the United Nations Secretariat dealing with trade, investment, and development issues.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland; Head: Mukhisa Kituyi
3. Dept of Posts to release stamp on 75th anniversary of United Nations
- Department of Posts will be releasing a stamp today in the presence of External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar on the eve of 75th anniversary of the United Nations.
- Briefing media, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said India attaches highest priority to the expansion of the UN Security Council so that it reflects contemporary realities of the world.
- He said reformed multilateralism will be a key pillar of overall approach in the upcoming innings of India as a non permanent member.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The Department of Posts, trading as India Post, is a government-operated postal system in India, which is a subsidiary of the Ministry of Communications. Generally called “the Post Office” in India, it is the most widely distributed postal system in the world.
4. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches ‘Mo Bidyut’ portal
- Odisha Chief Minister, Naveen Patnaik has launched the electricity consumer service portal “Mo Bidyut”.
- The bilingual online electricity integrated consumer service portal has been developed by the Energy Department and dedicated to the public under 5T (Teamwork, Transparency, Technology, Time leading to Transformation) initiative of the state government.
- Through this people will now be able to avail efficient, time-bound, and transparent online service delivery.
- The Mo Bidyut supports the people to obtain new electricity connections, enables online bill payment and the grievances related to electricity services can be addressed through this portal.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar; Governor: Ganeshi Lal
5. Govt allows all OCI and PIO card holders to visit India for any purpose except tourist visa
- The government has decided to permit all OCI and PIO card holders and all other foreign nationals intending to visit India for any purpose, except on a Tourist Visa to enter by air or water routes through authorized airports and seaport immigration check posts.
- This includes flights operated under Vande Bharat Mission, Air Transport Bubble arrangements or by any non-scheduled commercial flights as allowed by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- All such travellers will, however, have to strictly adhere to the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare regarding quarantine and other COVID-19 matters.