Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 29 Sep 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. PM to inaugurate six mega projects in Uttarakhand under Namami Gange Mission
PM Modi will inaugurate six mega projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission today through video conference.
He will also inaugurate “Ganga Avalokan”, the first museum on Ganga dedicated to showcase the culture, biodiversity and rejuvenation activities done in Ganga river.
A book, ‘Rowing down the Ganges’, co-published by National Mission for Clean Ganga & Wildlife Institute of India will be launched at the event.
The logo of Jal Jeevan Mission will also be unveiled by the Prime Minister.
2. Defence Minister unveils Defence Acquisition Procedure 2020
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled the Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) – 2020 in New Delhi.
- The DAP 2020 incorporates several measures to boost domestic Defence industry and Make in India.
- It was first promulgated in 2002. Since then, the procedure has been revised periodically to provide a boost to the growing domestic industry and achieve enhanced self-reliance in defence manufacturing.
- The DAP 2020 will be applicable with effect from October 1, 2020.
- The formulation of DAP 2020 has been done over more than one year, incorporating suggestions from stakeholders as under.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
The Defence Minister had approved the constitution of the Main Review Committee under Chairmanship of DG (Acquisition) Apurva Chandra in August 2019 for preparation of the Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP).
3. Centre appoints PD Vaghela as chairman of TRAI
- Senior IAS Officer Dr P. D. Vaghela has been appointed as the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment. He will replace R.S. Sharma.
- Mr Vaghela will hold the post for a period of three years or until he attains the age of 65 years.
- He is a 1986-batch officer of Gujarat Cadre and is currently serving as the Secretary in Department of Pharmaceuticals.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India is a statutory body set up by the Government of India under section 3 of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997. It is the regulator of the telecommunications sector in India.
Headquarters: New Delhi
3. Odisha Govt to launch Radio Pathshala program for students upto class 8
- In view of the prevailing pandemic situation, the Odisha Government has decided to launch Radio Pathshala program for students upto class 8.
- The program will be broadcasted from All India Radio stations in the state for 15 minutes daily.
- More than ten Akashvani Kendras in the state will carry the classes between 10 to 1015 hours daily from Monday to Friday.
- The audio of the program will also be made available on the online DIKSHA platform for the students for who could not attend schools since March this year.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching::
Odisha Capital: Bhubaneswar; Governor: Ganeshi Lal; Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
4. ADB approves Rs 2,200 crore loan to develop Rajasthan’s secondary towns
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 300 million dollar (about Rs 2,200 crore) loan to finance inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in secondary towns of Rajasthan.
- The project is expected to build citywide access for improved water supply services for about 5.7 lakh people and enhanced sanitation services for about 7.2 lakh people in at least 14 secondary towns.
- Through the project, water supply systems in at least eight project towns are expected to improve by 2027 with about one lakh households including all urban poor households benefiting from five new or rehabilitated water treatment plants and 1,350 km of distribution networks.
- Citywide sanitation systems based on the most cost-effective solutions will also be developed. The project will build on three earlier related projects and sector reforms funded by ADB in Rajasthan.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Manila, Philippines.
President: Masatsugu Asakawa
5. World Rabies Day: 28th September
- World Rabies Day is observed globally on 28th September every year.
- This day is observed to raise awareness about the impact of rabies on humans and animals and also to provide information and advice on how to prevent the disease and take efforts to control rabies.
- The theme for the year 2020 is: ‘End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate’.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc chsl:
The day also marks the death anniversary of the French chemist and microbiologist, Louis Pasteur’, who developed the first rabies vaccine.