Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Today GK Updates – 03rd April 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. First UNSC meeting to be held soon on COVID-19 pandemic
– The UN Security Council is expected to convene for the first time to discuss COVID-19 pandemic by next week. This was announced by Dominican Republic Ambassador Jose Singer, who is also the current President of the UNSC.
– The Dominican Republic took over the rotational Presidency of the UNSC in April 2020, succeeding China, which had held the position in March.
– Despite the declaration of COVID-19 as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation, the UNSC under China’s Presidency had not held any discussions on the crisis.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations with the main objective of ensuring international peace and security, recommending that the General Assembly accept new members to the United Nations, and approving any changes to its charter.
Headquarters: New York, United States
2. COVID-19 tracking app ‘Aarogya Setu’ launched by the government
– Aarogya Setu, India’s first comprehensive COVID-19 tracking app was launched by the central government. The app will help people get connected with health services to combat the COVID-19 outbreak.
– The aim of Aarogya Setu app is to reach out to the users and inform them regarding the risks, best practices and relevant advisories for the containment of COVID-19.
– Aarogya Setu app uses Bluetooth and GPS to inform regarding the risk of COVID-19 exposure. GPS will track your real-time location and Bluetooth will track if and when you come in close proximity with someone with COVID-19.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
3. World Autism Awareness Day: 02nd April
– World Autism Awareness Day is observed by the Member States of the United Nations on April 2 to raise public awareness of autism.
– Several organisations across the world contribute to the diagnosis and treatment of people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
– Autism is a developmental disorder and people with ASD are characterised by difficulties with social interaction and by restricted and repetitive behaviour. The problem is associated with a combination of environmental and genetic factors.
-The theme for 2020 is: “The Transition to Adulthood.”
4. NCC offers its volunteer cadets for national duty to fight COVID-19
– The National Cadet Corps (NCC) has offered a helping hand to civilian authorities in the country’s fight against COVID-19 by extending the services of cadets under ‘Exercise NCC Yogdan’.
– The tasks envisaged for NCC cadets include, manning of helpline/call centres; distribution of relief materials/medicines/ food/essential commodities; community assistance; data management and queue & traffic management.
– The NCC, which operates under the Ministry of Defence, is the largest uniformed youth organisation of the country and has been engaged in conducting various social service and community development activities.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
The National Cadet Corps is the youth wing of Armed Forces with its Headquarters at New Delhi, India. It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis.
Director General: Lt Gen Rajeev Chopra
5. CBSE introduces ‘Applied Mathematics’ as new academic elective from 2020-21
– The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced ‘Applied Mathematics’ as a new academic elective from the current academic year (2020-2021) for class XI.
– The Applied Mathematics course is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of Mathematics that are required to be successful in different fields of their future career.
– The approach of Applied Mathematics subject will be practical, and the students are expected to learn through practical applications of Mathematics in different disciplines. Those students who have passed Basic Mathematics in class X are now allowed to offer the new academic elective Applied Mathematics.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
CBSE Headquarters: New Delhi; Chairperson: Anita Karwal