Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 17th FEBRUARY – TODAY GK UPDATES
1. Haryana Govt to give Rs. 6 Cr to Olympics Gold Medal Winners
- Haryana Government announced that the state government will give Rs. 6 crores prize money to players that bag gold medals at the Olympic Games. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced Rs. 6 crores prize money for those winning Gold Medal at Olympics.
- Apart from that, the Haryana government will give Rs. 3 crore to those winning Gold Medal at Asian Games. Similarly, the state government will give Rs 1.5 crore to those winning Gold Medal at Commonwealth Games.
- Haryana Government will also provide pension to the national award winners like Arjuna Award, Dhyanchand, and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards.
STATIC GK for SBI Clerk online classes :
Capital: Chandigarh; Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
2. PM Modi flags off Kashi – Mahakal Express and other projects worth 1250 crores in Varanasi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off IRCTC’s third private train, the Kashi Mahakal Express, which will connect places related to three jyotirlingas – Omkareshwar near Indore, Mahakaleshwar in Ujjain, and Kashi Vishwanath in Varanasi. KashiMahakal Express will provide better facilities to tourists visiting major religious places of UP and Madhya Pradesh.
- Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has already launched two Tejas Express trains on New Delhi-Lucknow and Mumbai-Ahmedabad routes.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated projects worth Rs 1,200 crore in his parliamentary constituency Varanasi. PM Modi unveiled a 63-feet-tall statue of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay at Chandauli. Apart from this, he laid the foundation stone for 14 projects including Smart City, Heritage Development and half a dozen roads.
GK TODAY UPDATES for SSC CHSL Online Classes:
Varanasi also known as Banaras or Kashi is a city on the banks of the river Ganges in Uttar Pradesh.
UP Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath; Governor: Anandiben Patel; Capital: Lucknow
3. RBI to sync its accounting year with govt’s fiscal year
- The Reserve Bank of India will align its financial accounting year with that of the central government with effect from 2020-21 — a move that may put an end to the practice of the exchequer getting interim dividend from the central bank.
- The board recommended aligning the financial year of the RBI, currently July-June, with the government’s fiscal year (April-March) from the year 2020-21.
- Earlier the RBI used to follow January-December as its accounting year before it was changed to July-June in March 1940.
GK TODAY UPDATES for SSC CGL Online Classes:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of entire Banking in India. RBI plays an important part in the Development Strategy of the Government of India.
Headquarter: Mumbai; Founded: 1st April 1935; Governor: Shaktikanta Das
4. 65th Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020
The 65th Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 were held on February 15 in ‘Awesome’ Assam in Guwahati. This was the first edition of the award show which was held outside Mumbai.
- Best Film- ‘Gully Boy’
- Best Director- Zoya Akhtar for ‘Gully Boy’
- Best Film (Critics)- ‘Article 15’ (Anubhav Sinha) and ‘Sonchiriya’ (Abhishek Chaubey)
- Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male)- Ranveer Singh for ‘Gully Boy’
- Best Actor (Critics)- Ayushmann Khurrana for ‘Article 15’
- Best Actor In A Leading Role (Female)- Alia Bhatt for ‘Gully Boy’
- Best Actress (Critics): Bhumi Pednekar and Taapsee Pannu for ‘Saand Ki Aankh’
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Female)- Amruta Subhash for ‘Gully Boy’
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role (Male)- Siddhant Chaturvedi for ‘Gully Boy’
5. Mizoram, Bihar paired under EK Bharat Shrestha Bharat programme
- Mizoram is paired with the State of Bihar for the year 2019-2020 under the EK Bharat -Shrestha Bharat campaign. The central government’s Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat programme aims to establish cultural exchanges between people of different regions.
- Both states are organizing various programmes like students’ exchange, cultural exchange between both sides people to know each other’s cultural varieties and promote national integrity.
6. IndusInd Bank tops list of ‘Highest increase in brand value’
- IndusInd Bank has topped the list of ‘Highest increase in brand value’ among global banks, according to ‘The Banker’s Top 500 Banking Brands 2020’ report.
- As per the Report, which benchmarks the strength, risk and potential of a brand relative to its competitors, the brand value of Induslnd Bank has increased by 122% over the past 12 months.
Static GK For SBI Clerk 2020 :
Founded: 1994; Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra; MD & CEO: Romesh Sobti.