Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
04th May Current Affairs
1. PM Modi to participate in NAM Summit through Video Conferencing
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the Virtual Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit through Video Conferencing today.
– The summit will discuss and decide on the enhanced coordination of the member states in their fight against the coronavirus pandemic. The special online summit of the heads of state and government of the NAM member states has been convened at the initiative of President Ilham Aliyev of Azerbaijan, in his capacity as current chair of the Movement.
– The summit will conclude with a political declaration of the Movement as Uniting Against COVID-19.
Static GK for SBI Clerk Online classes :
NAM represents the biggest grouping of countries outside the United Nations comprising 120 developing countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
2. CSIR launches Kisan Sabha App to connect farmers to supply chain, transportation
– Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has launched the ‘Kisan Sabha’ App to connect farmers to the supply chain and freight transportation Management System.
– It aims to provide the most economical and timely logistics support to the farmers and increase their profit margins by minimizing interference of middlemen and directly connecting with the institutional buyers.
– It will also help in providing best market rates of crops by comparing nearest mandis, booking of freight vehicles at cheapest cost thereby giving maximum benefit to the farmers.
3. Lokpal member Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi dies due to coronavirus
– Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi who tested positive for Covid-19, died after suffering a cardiac arrest.
– Justice AK Tripathi was a judicial member of Lokpal and former Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court.
– He tested positive for COVID-19 at AIIMS last month.
– He had been in the AIIMS Trauma Centre, which has been converted into a dedicated Covid-19 hospital, since the first week of April.
4. World Press Freedom Day: 03rd March
World Press Day is observed every year on 3 May.
– Each year this special day is observed to celebrate the spirit of journalism and to pay gratitude to those journalists who lost their lives in order to bring us honest and real news about happenings in the nation, city or state.
– The freedom of expression of the media/ press helps in creating awareness amongst the general population.
– This year the theme of world press freedom day 2020 is ‘Journalism without Fear or Favour’
5. RBI cancels CKP Co-operative Bank’s licence
– The Reserve Bank of India suspended operations of CKP Co-operative Bank and cancelled its licence. RBI reasoned that the financial position of the bank is highly adverse and unsustainable.
– With the cancellation of licence and commencement of liquidation proceedings, the process of paying the depositors of The CKP Co-operative Bank Ltd Mumbai, as per the DICGC Act, 1961 will be set in motion.
– On liquidation, every depositor is entitled to repayment of his/her deposits up to a monetary ceiling of Rs 5,00,000 from the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) as per usual terms and conditions.
Static GK For SBI Clerk 2020 :
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of entire Banking in India.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
6. Nation celebrates birth centenary of filmmaker Satyajit Ray
– Nation celebrates the birth centenary of legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray on 02nd May. Ray was born on this day in 02 May 1921.
– He directed 36 films in his lifetime. Satyajit Ray created a separate style in filmmaking in the country.
– France Government conferred him the country’s highest civilian award Logion of Honour for his outstanding contributions in the field of film at a function in Kolkata.
Static GK SBI Clerk Classes :
Satyajit Ray got Oscar award in 1991 besides he was recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke, Bharat Ratna and many other international awards.